Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Progress!

This has been a great week for planning my Eagle project! I am very thankful for all of the encouragement and support for it! I met with my athletic director, Mr. Rohlman, Coach Clarey, and my dad to talk about some of the details of having an after dark 5K on Kaneland High School's cross country course. Mr. Rohlman even turned on the stadium lights for me after sunset like they will be on the night of the race. My mom and I were able to walk the course to see what the light conditions will be. I've included a few pictures so you can see too. Imagine lots of Troop 46, Kaneland cross country and track runners, Accelerators, friends and family lighting the way along these paths with flashlights, glow sticks and cheering! The start of the race will be behind the stadium (the second picture), and the finish will be on the track. Mr. Rohlman said that we can play music on the stadium's loudspeakers! I am getting very excited for what will hopefully be a fun, positive, successful race for Cal's Angels!





No comments:

Post a Comment

ONLINE REGISTRATION

BIG NEWS!! The online registration for the Flashlight 5K is up and running!!  http://signmeup.com/130566 Bring your funky costumes, flashl...